Red Bank Elder Law Lawyer
As we age, our legal concerns change. Margaret M. Mahon, Esq., LLC offers comprehensive elder law services, including powers of attorney, advance healthcare directives and Medicaid planning. Equipped with the knowledge and skills needed to help you plan for the future and a focus on personal attention, our firm takes the time to understand your specific situation to create a customized solution that protects your legal interests.
Reliable guidance regarding all elder law needs
Elder law addresses the unique legal issues of older adults. Common concerns include preserving assets for loved ones and planning for future healthcare. We regularly advise clients in all areas of elder law, including:
- Powers of attorney. A power of attorney appoints a trusted individual to manage your personal affairs, including making financial decisions, should you suffer a physical or mental disability. Without a power of attorney, family members (even spouses) must go through the lengthy process of appointing a guardian through the court system.
- Advance healthcare directives. An advance healthcare directive or living will nominate someone to make medical decisions if you cannot due to temporary or permanent incapacitation. The directive may also provide instructions for medical care, including the use of life-sustaining methods and organ donation. With a healthcare directive in place, you can feel confident that your wishes will be carried out and your family will not be burdened with making difficult medical decisions.
- Medicaid planning. Given the high costs of long-term healthcare, older adults should consider Medicaid planning strategies designed to achieve Medicaid eligibility. The goal is to preserve as much of your assets as possible in anticipation of potential long-term care.
The benefits of planning ahead
Your retirement years should be spent enjoying life rather than worrying about preserving your finances and planning for future medical care. Consulting with an experienced elder law attorney allows you to take control of the situation.
In addition to providing you with peace of mind, creating an effective plan to manage your affairs also protects your children and other loved ones from taxes, probate court, and other expenses. Whether you would like to execute a power of attorney or develop a comprehensive asset protection plan, we take the time to understand your individual circumstances, needs, and goals. You can count on us to deliver:
- Experienced representation: We have the knowledge and experience to assess your elder law needs and help you to make informed decisions.
- Cost-effective solutions: Our goal is to provide you with the most value for your money. We provide the legal services of a large law firm without the high cost.
- Dedicated care. Every client receives detail-oriented, personal attention. We offer flexible office hours by appointment and travel to meet with clients who cannot come to our Red Bank office.
Contact our firm
Contact attorney Margaret M. Mahon Esq. LLC, for a free consultation regarding your elder law concerns today.