Red Bank Attorney
Ms. Mahon began her legal career in the area of family law as a judicial law clerk and then in private practice, eventually working as an attorney for the Judiciary (AOC) in the Family Division. She later moved on as an attorney for the New Jersey Supreme Court Committee on Character in bar admissions. In private practice, she entered into in the practice of estate planning and administration, as well as elder law, and possesses the critical knowledge and experience to competently and completely represent individuals in the complex area of estate planning, including will and trust preparation, and in estate administration as well as elder law. She obtained an advanced law degree in Taxation (L.L.M.) with a specialty in Estate Planning, in addition to her J.D. Moreover, she regularly attends, as has served as a panelist, at continuing legal education seminars to stay abreast of the issues in this highly specialized area of practice.
Ms. Mahon enjoys diligently assisting prospective New Jersey attorneys with regard to their hearings before the New Jersey Supreme Court Committee on Character. She served as an attorney to the Committee for four years and has been representing candidates for admission to the bar in private practice since 2009. She uniquely understands the process and will effectively and tirelessly prepare you for this process. She will honestly assess your situation and put you in the best position to succeed in your quest for admission.
Ms. Mahon’s advanced degree in taxation also led her into the area of assisting individuals with tax liabilities and issues with the IRS as well as the New Jersey Division of Taxation. She will give you the assurance and assistance you need if you are being audited, and/or owe liabilities, including penalties and interest. There are alternatives and solutions, including correcting errors in what has been determined to be owed, entering into a payment plan, eliminating penalties for good cause, setting aside liens, and entering into Offers in Compromise, to settle your tax liability for an amount you can afford.
Ms. Mahon lives in Shrewsbury with her husband, son, and two dogs. She is a proud volunteer for JBJ Soul Kitchen’s Employment Empower Team, providing legal counsel, and a supporter and participant of the Fresh Air Fund, giving kids living in the city a chance to come visit the beautiful Jersey shore in the summer.
- 1994, New Jersey; U.S. District Court, District of New Jersey
- Villanova University Law School, LL.M., Tax, 2011
- Seton Hall University Law School, J.D., 1994
- Rutgers University, B.S., Business, with honors, 1990
- Monmouth County Bar Association
- New Jersey State Bar Association
- New Jersey Association of Professional Mediators (NJAPM)
- Family Law and Bar Admissions
- Wills, Trusts, and Estates
- Attorney to the New Jersey Supreme Court Committee on Character, 2002–2006
- AOC Family Division Staff Attorney, 1999–2002
- Office of Attorney Ethics, 1997–1999
- Family Law, Private Practice, 1995–1997
- Family Judicial Clerkship, 1994–1995, Hon. Martin Kravark, J.S.C., Middlesex County
Get experienced, pragmatic representation in Monmouth County today
For creative solutions and skilled legal counsel, contact Margaret M. Mahon, Esq. online today.